How to tether your Samsung Galaxy
- On your phone, go to Settings > Wireless and networks > Tethering and portable hotspot
- Go to Mobile AP Settings > Configure mobile AP if you want to put a password on your device. You can also change your wi-fi name so you can easily recognize it on your other devices. Click Save.
- Check the box for Mobile AP to turn your hotspot on.
- Done! There should be a blue wi-fi icon that shows on the Notifications bar.
- Check that your data is on. Your notification bar should have 3G or H icon. Check Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks to check that Use packet data is checked and that your Access Point Names are set right.For Globe Pre-Paid: http.globe.com.ph
For Globe Post-Paid: internet.globe.com.ph
[will try to find APNs for Smart and Sun]
- If you’re using the USB cable to charge your phone, drop down your notifications bar and uncheck the debugging mode.
- If you’re getting an error connecting to your mobile Internet, try to turn your phone on and off.